Nippers is a junior program that introduces children aged 5 to 13 to surf lifesaving. It is a fun outdoors activity that grows a child’s confidence, teaches valuable life skills and knowledge. The Nippers pathway teaches lessons and skills allowing children to continue in lifesaving and sport as they grow older. But it’s not all hard work. We like to call it serious fun! Nippers is a great way for children to make friends, be active and enjoy the beach in a safe environment. Birubi Nippers meet every Sunday morning during the patrol season.
Do you want to become a Nipper? To find out more please read the information booklet and leaflets below then contact our Junior Development Officer, Adam Howarth at email@example.com. or 0488 555 126.
- Nipper Session Times - Nipper Activities are held on Sunday mornings down on the beach:
- U6, U7 & U8 Start time: 8.30 am – children to line up in their age groups behind the marked cones, wearing their Nipper cap and pink safety singlet. Finish time: 9.15 am.
- U9 – U13 Start time: 9.15 am – children to line up in their age groups behind the marked cones, wearing their Nipper cap and pink safety singlet. Finish time: 11.30ish am.
- Nipper Program – Nipper Calendar 2017-18 v2
- Nipper Information Leaflet (basic guide to Birubi Point SLSC Nippers) - Nippers Information Leaflet – 2017-18 v1
- Nipper Information Booklet (full guide to Birubi Point SLSC Nippers) - Nipper Information Booklet – 2017-18
Like the rest of the Birubi Surf Life Saving Club the Nipper programme is run by a very motivated group of volunteers. To share the load we are still looking for some parents or surf club members to help out on the Sunday morning when we run Nippers. If you feel you can help, please speak to the JDO, Adam Howarth thank you. We need volunteers to be:
- Assistant Age Group Manager for ALL age groups; to support the Age Group Manager during the activities (share the load!)
- An additional Water Safety Supervisor who could lead the “Swim and or Boards” activity
You do not need to be a professional, we will provide training and support. The most important thing you need to bring is a big smile as Nippers is all about having fun.
If you are interested or would like to have a bit more information please contact the people listed above or have a chat with us at Nippers on a Sunday morning.
We hope to hear from you soon
Want to know more about Nippers? Read more about Nippers and Surf Lifesaving at http://www.surflifesaving.com.au/get-involved/nippers
Our team of 3 Nipper Parents (Tina Frary, Juliet O’Rourke and Helen Ratcliffe) will have Nipper caps, hi-viz pink singlets, rash shirts and Club swimwear for sale before each Nipper Session from 8.45am – 9.30am. Cash sales only.
Club merchandise and uniform price list - Club merchandise price list – November 2017
Club swimwear designs and price list – Club swimwear – Designs and Prices – August 2017